Do you want to help increase the QUIT rates of your patients or clients?
Join us on Wednesday, December 15th at 12:00pm for a virtual healthcare provider training on the best practices for tobacco treatment in behavioral health! Nicole Marquez, MA, CTTS and Nathan Horner, MBA, CTTS—Tobacco Cessation Specialists for GSAHEC—will be presenting how you can leverage Tobacco Free Florida’s free cessation resources to drive increased tobacco cessation rates among your patients/clients.
1.0 Continuing Education Credit for the Florida Boards of Nursing, Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling is available!
Be sure to register via the button below!
- Recognize and treat tobacco dependence as a chronic disease
- Deliver brief, effective interventions to behavioral health patients willing to quit tobacco using the “5A’s” or “2A’s & an R” methods
- Utilize the Stages of Change model and deliver brief, motivational interventions to patients unwilling to quit tobacco use at that time
- Know the FDA approved pharmacotherapies useful in tobacco cessation
- Refer patients to the various Tobacco Free Florida programs for support during the cessation process