Medical Interpreting Training next event is on October 4th, 2022.
Schedule of Training Dates:
Orientation: Tuesday, October 4, 2022 | 7:00 – 8:30 pm EST
Week one: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 | 7:00 – 8:30 pm EST
Week two: Tuesday, October 18, 2022 | 7:00 – 8:30 pm EST
Week three: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 | 7:00 – 8:30 pm EST
Week four: Tuesday, November 1, 2022 | 7:00 – 8:30 pm EST
Week five: Tuesday, November 8, 2022 | 7:00 – 8:30 pm EST
Final Test: Tuesday, November 15, 2022 | 7:00 – 8:30 pm EST
*Camera and Gmail address required to take this course.
About the Training:
- Hybrid, 40-hour course using Zoom® and Google Classroom® platforms
- Participants complete material at their own pace and receive weekly live instruction
- Office hours available for individual advice
- Completers receive a “Professionally Trained Medical Interpreter” certificate
- Topics include:
- Ethics & Conduct
- Basic Skills (from pre-session to post-session)
- Modes of Interpreting
- Strategies for Intervention
- Cultural Mediation
Cancellations: GSAHEC reserves the right to cancel classes due to registration shortfalls. Payments will be fully refunded.
Refunds: GSAHEC will refund payments requested within 7 days prior to the class start date, excluding the cost of materials and the $25 processing fee.
PayPal Payments: Payments for this training are made through PayPal. If a registrant disputes any training charges to PayPal and the payment is put ON HOLD, GSAHEC is charged a $20 service fee and reserves the right to charge the service fee to the registrant.
• An 80% passing grade on the final assessment (given the last day of the course) is required to receive a certificate of successful completion of the class. Grades under 80% will receive a certificate of participation. Re-takes of the test are permitted for an additional charge of $75 per re-take (2 re-takes maximum).
• Participants who miss more than one (1) live session of the class will not receive a certificate until the missed hours/required make up work has been fulfilled. If the participant needs to miss more than one (1) live session, a written request for an excused absence should be submitted. Upon approval of the request, all efforts will be made to accommodate the participant in a subsequent class. However, no guarantees can be made as to the exact date and availability of future classes.
Textbook shipping information: Textbooks are available in either a digital or physical format (to be shipped to you). If you register before September 24, 2022, and request your textbooks to be shipped to you, you will receive your books before the training. If you register after September 24, 2022, and request your textbooks to be shipped to you, you may not receive your books until after the training begins. The digital format of the textbooks is available shortly after the time of registration. Having textbooks shipped to your mailing address is available for an additional $25 shipping charge. Please add the “shipping charge for textbooks” ticket to your cart when you checkout if you would like a hard copy of your textbooks. Please skip this step if you would like a digital copy of your textbooks.