PRIVATE CLASS for FACHC only! This Medical Interpreting Training is tentatively scheduled to start on February 18th, 2021 (exact start date to be confirmed).
(Tentative) Schedule of Training Dates:
Weekly live Lunch ‘n Learn sessions from 12:00 to 1:30 pm beginning (tentatively) with orientation on Thursday, February 18th, followed by 5 weeks of class content and a 6th week for final evaluation.
*Camera and Gmail address required to take this course.
About the Training:
- Hybrid, 40-hour course using Zoom® and Google Classroom® platforms
- Designed for complete-at-your-own-pace as well as weekly access to live instruction
- Office hours available for individual advice
- Completers receive a “Professionally Trained Medical Interpreter” certificate
- Topics include:
- Ethics & Conduct
- Basic Skills (from pre-session to post-session)
- Modes of Interpreting
- Strategies for Intervention
- Cultural Mediation
Cancellations: GSAHEC reserves the right to cancel classes due to registration short falls. Payments will be fully refunded.
Refunds: GSAHEC will refund payments requested within 7 days prior to class start date, excluding cost of materials and $25 processing fee.
• An 80% passing grade on the final assessment (given the last day of the course) is required to receive a certificate of successful completion of the class. Grades under 80% will receive a certificate of participation. Re-takes of the test are permitted for an additional charge of $50 per re-take (2 re-takes maximum).
• Participants who miss more than one (1) live session of the class will not receive a certificate until the missed hours/required make up work have been fulfilled. If the participant needs to miss more than one (1) live session, a written request for an excused absence should be submitted. Upon approval of the request, all efforts will be made to accommodate the participant in a subsequent class. However, no guarantees can be made as to the exact date and availability of future classes.
Textbook information: After registration, you will receive a link to download your electronic materials a few days before the beginning of the class.