Medical Interpreting Training next event is on October 7th, 2021.
Schedule of Training Dates:
Orientation: Thursday, October 7, 2021 | 7:00 – 8:30 pm EST
Week one: Thursday, October 14, 2021 | 7:00 – 8:30 pm EST
Week two: Thursday, October 21, 2021 | 7:00 – 8:30 pm EST
Week three: Thursday, October 28, 2021 | 7:00 – 8:30 pm EST
Week four: Thursday, November 4, 2021 | 7:00 – 8:30 pm EST
Week five: Thursday, November 11, 2021 | 7:00 – 8:30 pm EST
Final Test: Thursday, November 18, 2021 | 7:00 – 8:30 pm EST
*Camera and Gmail address required to take this course.
About the Training:
- Hybrid, 40-hour course using Zoom® and Google Classroom® platforms
- Designed for complete-at-your-own-pace as well as weekly access to live instruction
- Office hours available for individual advice
- Completers receive a “Professionally Trained Medical Interpreter” certificate
- Topics include:
- Ethics & Conduct
- Basic Skills (from pre-session to post-session)
- Modes of Interpreting
- Strategies for Intervention
- Cultural Mediation
Cancellations: GSAHEC reserves the right to cancel classes due to registration short falls. Payments will be fully refunded.
Refunds: GSAHEC will refund payments requested within 7 days prior to class start date, excluding cost of materials and $25 processing fee.
• An 80% passing grade on the final assessment (given the last day of the course) is required to receive a certificate of successful completion of the class. Grades under 80% will receive a certificate of participation. Re-takes of the test are permitted for an additional charge of $50 per re-take (2 re-takes maximum).
• Participants who miss more than one (1) live session of the class will not receive a certificate until the missed hours/required make up work have been fulfilled. If the participant needs to miss more than one (1) live session, a written request for an excused absence should be submitted. Upon approval of the request, all efforts will be made to accommodate the participant in a subsequent class. However, no guarantees can be made as to the exact date and availability of future classes.
Textbook shipping information: Textbooks are available in either a digital or physical format (to be shipped to you). If you register before October 1, 2021, and request your textbooks to be shipped to you, you will receive your books before the training. If you register after October 1, 2021, and request your textbooks to be shipped to you, you may not receive your books until after the training begins. The digital format of the textbooks is available shortly after the time of registration. Having textbooks shipped to your mailing address is available for an additional $25 shipping charge. Please add the “shipping charge for textbooks” ticket to your cart when you checkout if you would like a hardcopy of your textbooks. Please skip this step if you would like a digital copy of your textbooks.