PRIVATE CLASS for University of Florida College of Medicine. This Medical Interpreting Training 16-Hour Course serves as an elective for UFCOM students.
The course will be held from July 6-July 27, 2023.
Thursday, July 6, 2023 – 6:00 -7:00 PM Orientation
Thursday, July 13, 2023 – 6:00 – 8:00 PM Live Session
Thursday, July 20, 2023 – 6:00 – 8:00 PM Live Session
Thursday, July 27, 2023 – 6:00 – 8:00 PM Final Evaluation
*Zoom access with Video Camera is required to take this course.
About the Training:
- 16-hour course using Zoom® and UF Canvas platforms
- Designed for complete-at-your-own-pace as well as weekly live instruction
- Virtual office hours available for individual advice
- Students who satisfactorily complete the class receive a “Trained Medical Interpreter” certificate
- Topics include:
- Ethics & Conduct
- Basic Skills (from pre-session to post-session)
- Modes of Interpreting
- Strategies for Intervention
- Cultural Mediation
Cancellations: GSAHEC reserves the right to cancel classes due to registration short falls. Payments will be fully refunded.
Refunds: GSAHEC will refund payments requested within 7 days prior to class start date, excluding $25 processing fee.
• An 80% passing grade on the final assessment (given the last day of the course) is required to receive a certificate of successful completion of the class. Grades under 80% will receive a certificate of participation. Re-takes of the test are permitted for an additional charge $75 per re-take (two re-takes maximum).
• Participants who miss more than one (1) live session of the class will not receive a certificate until the missed hours/required make up work have been fulfilled. If the participant needs to miss more than one (1) live session, a written request for an excused absence should be submitted. Upon approval of the request, all efforts will be made to accommodate the participant in a subsequent class. However, no guarantees can be made as to the exact date and availability of future classes.