Occupational Spanish Class next event is on December 6th, 2021.
Orientation: Monday, December 6, 2021 | 7:00 – 7:30 pm EST
Week one: Monday, December 13, 2021 | 7:00 – 8:00 pm EST
Week two: Monday, December 20, 2021 | 7:00 – 8:00 pm EST
*Camera and Gmail address required to take this course.
About the Class:
This customized class is geared towards non-Spanish speaking healthcare professionals and medical staff. Participants will be equipped to successfully use Spanish to perform routine/basic duties in medical settings.
This interactive 16-hour course will be offered in a two/three week period and cover the following topics:
- Registration and payment
- Taking a patient’s history
- Determining chief complaint
- Treatments, lab and follow-up procedures
During the class:
- Participants will complete and submit assignments through an online classroom (Google Classroom®) and will receive individualized reviews and recommendations from the instructor.
- Instructor will have weekly meetings with the class via Zoom® to ensure pronunciation accuracy.
- There is no grammar to learn and no previous Spanish knowledge is required.
- The language items found in this program do not require or assume a verbal response from the patient. This is not a conversational class.
- Participants will learn to effectively utilize pre-created sentences to direct patients towards the desired action.
Participants will need a valid Gmail account to access the Google Classroom® platform and will need access to Zoom® for the live sessions.
Cancellations: GSAHEC reserves the right to cancel classes due to registration short falls. Payments will be fully refunded.
Refunds: GSAHEC will refund payments requested within 3 business days of refund request (if class has not already begun), excluding cost of materials and $25 processing fee.